[Pann] Is Kyla obligated to lose weight as a girl group member?
Summary: OP goes into how members Kyla, Bae Sung Yeon, and Kim Yewon were always the outliers with the fandom for their bodies/visuals. They’re fully aware that some of the fandom doesn’t support them and so fans expected them to lose some weight after every comeback but Kyla kept coming back heavier and heavier (while the other two didn’t exactly lose the weight but didn’t gain more either). OP questions Kyla’s shame and her worth as a member (can’t dance or rap, worst of the group’s 4 rappers) and asks people who aren’t fans of Pristin to stop shielding Kyla because it’s only encouraging her to gain more weight without consideration for the rest of the group. OP doesn’t want Pristin to be known by the media/public as the fattie group and questions why people are being so lenient with her.
1. [+220, -5] Let’s just put it this way. It’s Kyla herself who needs to be determined to lose the weight and it’s the fans themselves who will decide if they want to leave over it or not.
2. [+202, -24] I honestly was surprised at how much shields she was getting though..
3. [+191, -214] I just have a problem with the idea that people have that idols need to be thin. “Kids look up to them, they need to be pretty and thin”.. why do kids have to look up to only thin people? Why only judge outer characteristics instead of things like talent?
– So is she talented? What we’re saying is that she isn’t even talented so at the very least, she should be pretty
– I agree with the above, her skills are crap, anyone deserves to be an idol then
– You have to admit that idols get a pass on talent as long as they have the looks
– Fine, you can try to act all woke with social issues. Let Kyla be fat, she’ll be the one to realize that she has no worth as a product to the public the fatter she is ㅋ
– What’re you talking about? Skills are important but so are visuals. There are so many fans who are fans of their idols based on visuals alone. Please stop trying to act woke like “I don’t judge people based on looks so I’m a good person” and look at the reality of the situation.
4. [+81, -9] I just find it funny how Kyla fans are always like “Our Kyla is pretty!!” and post up some heavily photoshopped picture of her where her legs are half the size they usually are ㅋㅋ
5. [+79, -2] Jung Chaeyeon got so much crap over her “Dachshund legs”, Kang Mina over her arm fat, Wendy and Joy over their weight~ and yet why does Kyla get all the shields?
6. [+72, -10] She’s negatively affecting the rest of Pristin… please lose some weight. Whenever I see fancams, she always stands out and it’s uncomfortable to watch. Doesn’t balance the team at all.
7. [+64, -10] Can you really call that the body of a celebrity ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ even non-celebrities manage their weights these days, how can she not do something that comes with her job… and it’s not like her face is stunning either ㅋㅋ she’s not chubby guys, she’s fat…
8. [+47, -2] I know I might sound like a b*tch for saying this but if she’s in a girl group and has no talent and refuses to manage herself, why is she in a girl group? I don’t get it. Twice gets hate for being untalented but at least their faces are gorgeous. I don’t get why Kyla gets shielded all the time.
9. [+42, -2] Wendy lost weight to the point of protruding bones when people told her to lose weight… I doubt Kyla will lose weight even after this controversy.
10. [+42, -9] OP said everything I wanted to say. The worst part of this issue is that Kyla doesn’t realize how bad this is;;;
11. [+36, -0] Fans keep defending her saying she looks thinner in real life but what does that matter to the public when we’re only ever seeing her through the camera? Stop shielding her so she’ll manage her weight.
12. [+28, -1] She’s just a minus to the entire team