Opinions divided over Onew’s casting in upcoming drama
Source: Sports Chosun via Naver
1. [+1,993, -120] To make matters worse, his character in the drama is supposed to be a dating noob who is also a love interest for a female character suffering from trauma over dating violence… yeah, I don’t think this is right…
2. [+1,385, -70] The comment section for that drama is going to be a mess
3. [+1,362, -78] Just because the lawsuit’s dropped doesn’t mean it’s over, police are continuing to investigate into it. How can someone under investigation for a sexual harassment suit be able to act out such a character? It’s obvious what’s going on with a repertoire we’ve seen all too often go from lawsuit -> lawsuit dropped -> agency gives clarification.
4. [+1,283, -62] He’s a celebrity, he should’ve known better than to go out drinking at clubs like that. An idol with a sexual harassment suit, jeez…
5. [+343, -18] He’s honestly not a fit for the drama character anymore. He’s supposed to be a dating noob but he’s got a sexual harassment image now ㅋㅋㅋ feels wrong
6. [+332, -22] Majority opinion seems that they want him off the drama
7. [+304, -17] The fact that he was even drunk to the point where he couldn’t hold himself up… Whether he was all there or not doesn’t matter, anyone would feel offended if they were touched without consent.
8. [+254, -14] How is this just a “happening”… Jinki-ya, you should’ve known better. You screwed up the moment you decided to even drink to a point where you couldn’t control yourself. You should’ve been careful… Just take yourself off the drama…
9. [+223, -14] Oh yeah, what a perfect fit for the character. Someone who was arrested after drinking into the hours of the morning and getting caught touching a woman.
Source: MBN TV via Nate
1. [+496, -44] Whether he sexually harassed her or not, the fact that he was completely drunk past the point of control and groped a woman and ground up against her while acting all innocent and upright on talk shows… so shocking, disappointing, and enraging how different he is from his ‘little prince’ image
2. [+406, -27] Another good example of never judging celebrities by their images. He probably thought she’d be happy that he touched her since he’s a celebrity and all ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+365, -30] Their clean image that took years to build has been utterly shattered
4. [+30, -3] Was it really just a “happening” though?
5. [+27, -2] Love how they keep emphasizing that it was just a “happening” because she dropped the lawsuit after reaching compromise
6. [+24, -9] Was he really that drunk, though? Was this really his first time? I bet a lot of women were accepting of his advances in the past since he’s a SHINee member so he naturally thought this one would accept him too
7. [+23, -3] His image seems so different now… ㅠ
8. [+13, -4] Soo Man probably counted out some bills from his wallet for this one… be grateful you’re under Lee Soo Man
9. [+12, -2] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They obviously paid her off otherwise SM would go with the route they usually go with and file a defamation suit